Poster Competition Judges
Gerald L. Andriole, MD
Robert Royce Distinguished Professor, Chief of Urologic Surgery, and Vice-Chair, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Siteman Cancer Center
Jelle Barentz, MD, PhD
Chair and Professor of Radiology Prostate MR Center of Excellence, Nijmegen Medical Center, Radboud University, The Netherlands
David Crawford, MD
E. David Crawford Distinguished Endowed Chair in Urology, University of Colorado, Denver
David Nanus, MD
Mark W. Pasmantier Professor and Chief, Hematology and Oncology, New York-Presbyterian, and Director of Genitourinary Oncology, Weill Cornell Medicine
Wolfgang Weber, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Suggested Guidelines for the Abstract Submission
Deadline: All Abstracts are due electronically by June 1, 2019.
Provide information for each section listed below in the body of your abstract:
- Authors and organizational affiliations (with email for contact author)
- Introduction and overall goal
- Specific aims
- Rationale and background
- Methods and materials
- Discussion and conclusion
- References (optional)
If there are citations, list references numerically at the end of the abstract in the order by which they were cited in the text.
Example: Cooperberg, MR, Broering, JM, Carroll PR, et. al. Time trends and local variation in primary treatment of localized prostate cancer, Journal of Clinical Oncology 2010 (28): 1117-1123.
Length, Font, and Format
The abstract should not exceed one page (single spaced). Use font no smaller than “Times New Roman 12” or “Arial 11”, and margins of at least 0.5 in.
General Content and Guidelines
- The content may not promote the proprietary interests of any commercial entity. Evident bias in favor of a particular product or company is grounds for rejection.
- Content must be restricted to pure science, technology, methodology, materials and/or operational characteristics of devices. Product and company names should be included only to identify the technology or methodology used, but not to promote proprietary interests.
- All research must conform to generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection and analysis.
- Is this research novel?
- Does this research advance knowledge, and/or improve diagnostic information and/or capabilities?
- Does it produce new data or analysis of interest and relevance to the research or clinical community?
- Is the data substantive and not just implied? Does it describe a research accomplishment, rather than work yet to be done?
- Is comprehensive statistical analysis relevant and applied?
- Are recommendations involving clinical medicine based on evidence that is accepted as adequate justification for indications and contraindications in patient care?
- What is the impact factor of this work? The abstract should address how the proposed study is expected to impact research or patient care.
- Is the abstract biased in favor of a particular product or company? Evident bias is grounds for rejection. (Use of a particular company’s products or equipment does not represent bias. Non-data- based statements of comparative superiority, however, would be considered biased.)
If your abstract is selected, your poster will be presented in the poster hall. You will be required to be present during your assigned poster session. We assume a traditional size of the printed research posters – about 48″ x 36”, with a vertical orientation.
All posters must be mounted on foam. If you prefer local Boston printing and delivery, please contact FedEx Kinko by phone 617-262- 6188 or by email USA5123@fedex.com. This office is open 24 hours/7 days.
Failure to Present
Submission of an abstract is considered a commitment to present the poster if it is accepted. Failure to present a poster may jeopardize future submissions by the same author.
Please send abstract in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “2019 Summit – Abstract for Poster Contest” by June 1, 2019.